Multivitamins- Who Can Take Them?
Vitamins and minerals are regarded as essential nutrients because they perform hundreds of functions in the body. They convert food into energy, strengthen bones, heal wounds, boost the immune system and repair cellular damage.
Multivitamins and multimineral supplements are formulations that contain essential vitamins and minerals to fulfill micronutrient deficiencies among people. To maintain our health and well-being, we require 13 essential vitamins: A, C, D, E, K, and the eight B vitamins, and different vital minerals including calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper. Except for vitamin D and B3 (niacin), our bodies cannot produce the vitamins, so we must obtain them from food. Vitamin C and B vitamins are water-soluble vitamins and flush out the body after metabolism. We must replenish them daily by eating adequate amounts of fruits and vegetables that are rich in these micronutrients.
Some minerals act as a cofactor and help regulate different cellular and metabolic processes of the body. Like iron is involved in healthy red blood cell formation, and copper acts as an antioxidant to help remove free radicals from the body.
Eating a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts & seeds, whole-grain foods, and lean protein sources provide us with a good balance of nutrients, but many of us do not eat this well all the time. To overcome this issue, there are good quality multivitamins present in Pakistan that are easy to use and can fulfill the nutrient requirements efficiently.
Who can take multivitamins?
Multivitamins are beneficial for everyone. They keep us fresh, and energetic by regulating the metabolism and boosting the immune system. However, a certain group of people may benefit more than the general public by consuming multivitamins including;
• Allergic to Certain Foods- Those with allergies or intolerances may be unable to absorb particular nutrients or may not be consuming a diverse enough diet.
• Vegans and Vegetarians- They may be lacking in certain nutrients such as vitamin B12 and iron, which are primarily found in animal products.
• Pregnant or Breastfeeding Women- Pregnancy raises the body's demand for certain nutrients, such as iron and folate, to support healthy fetal development.
• Elderly People- As we get older, our bodies have a harder time absorbing some vital nutrients, such as vitamin B12.
• Children Between the Ages of Six Months and Five Years- The growth rate is maximum among children from the age of six months until five years of age. So, they need extra nutrients to reach their full growth potential.
What do vitamins and minerals do to our bodies?
Vitamins and minerals are the micronutrients that are required in low amounts but they perform big functions in the body. They carry out the following tasks in the body such as:
• Act as a cofactor or coenzyme and convert food into energy by regulating the metabolism of the body
• Regulate the cellular processes of the body
• Help form healthy red blood cells
• Act as antioxidants and reduce the oxidative stress in the body, hence boosting immunity
• Maintain nerve, eye, heart, and immune health
• Help in the collagen formation and maintain the muscle & joint health
• Improve the skin tone, and prevent premature aging by keeping the hydration status at the optimal level
• Help make strong hair and shiny nails
• Help reduce general weakness and lethargy and keep us energetic, healthy, and fresh all-day
What are the best multivitamins & multimineral supplements available in Pakistan?
1. Vitamax Women
Vitamax Women is a unique multivitamin and multimineral formula providing over 23 important vitamins and minerals to fulfill the nutritional requirements of women. It helps to boost energy, and support immunity, heart, brain, and eye health. It also helps to improve metabolism and muscle functions.
2. Vitamax One A Day Multi
Vitamax One A Day Multi contains 19 vital nutrients and is specially designed for men’s daily nutritional support. It plays important role in energy metabolism, strengthening the immune system, and supporting bone & muscle health.
Nutrifactor’s Multifactor is a multivitamin and multimineral formula which contains 22 essential vitamins and minerals and is specially designed in proportion to the nutritional needs of the elderly.
As the name indicates, it provides multiple benefits to our body from regulating energy metabolism to boosting immunity. The super amazing thing about this supplement is, that both men and women can benefit from it.
It is a multivitamin gummy and is specially formulated for children to support complete nutrition and healthy growth among them. These are fruity-flavored, and chewable gummies that support a healthy metabolism, stronger bones, enhanced energy, and overall healthy growth in kids.
It is another supplement in the form of syrup which is easy to digest and provides complete nutritional support to the kids.
6. B-50 B-COMPLEX
B-50 B-COMPLEX is the super amazing formula with the power of 8 B-vitamins to boost metabolism, energy, nerve health, immunity, and cardiovascular health. Both men and women can use this multivitamin supplement, especially women of reproductive age are highly encouraged to add these nutrients to their daily diet. Because it offers a lot of benefits including, reproductive health, preconception support, and healthy pregnancy.