Best Iron Supplements in Pakistan- Who Can Take Them?
Iron is an important mineral that plays a variety of roles in our body functions. But unfortunately, more than half of Pakistani children are iron deficient and are severely anemic, according to the National Nutrition Survey of Pakistan,2018 (NNS-2018). Iron plays a crucial role in the growth and development of the different body organs, but it is particularly important in the formation of red blood cells.
Almost 70% of the iron in the body is present in hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is a protein that carries oxygen to all the body cells and tissues. From this, we can estimate the importance of optimum iron levels in our bodies. If there would be an iron deficiency due to one or another reason, it may have a serious impact on the hemoglobin functioning and ultimately the distribution of oxygen to the body tissues.
Who is at risk of iron deficiency?
• According to the national nutrition survey of Pakistan, it is evident that 62% of children under five years of age are iron deficient and anemic
• Children need iron for proper growth and development and a diet low in iron may lead to iron deficiency anemia in children
• Women of reproductive age are more likely to have an iron deficiency due to the loss of blood during the menstrual cycle
• According to NNS-2018 of Pakistan, 51% of pregnant women are facing iron deficiency anemia
• Those who are vegetarian, and consume less or no meat & meat products at all, are at greater risk of iron deficiency. Because meat is considered one of the richest iron food sources
Where to get iron?
Red meat & organ meat are the richest sources of iron. However, it is also present in poultry, fish, and some plant sources like legumes, and spinach. Good quality dietary supplements also provide iron to overcome iron deficiency.
Who can take iron supplements?
Those who find it difficult to take iron from food sources should add the best quality iron supplements to their diet. Especially, women, children, and vegetarians are highly encouraged to consume dietary supplements to avoid iron deficiency.
Which are the best iron supplements in Pakistan?
Fero is a premium quality iron supplement manufactured by Nutrifactor. It is available in the form of iron capsules to fulfill the recommended iron levels in the body.
It contains gentle iron which has high absorption rate than other types of iron. Also, enriched with vitamin C to maximize iron absorption in the body. Vitamin B12 and Folic acid present in Fero help in boosting energy, which ultimately reduces fatigue and lethargy that happened due to iron deficiency. Consuming one capsule of Fero daily helps reduce iron deficiency among people, and improve the formation of healthy red blood cells.
2. Fero Syrup
Nutrifactor is also offering the iron supplement in the form of syrup, Fero Syrup which is highly beneficial for every age group. Fero Syrup also contains gentle iron along with vitamin C for its better absorption in the body.
- best iron supplements
- best iron supplements in Pakistan
- Fero Syrup
- iron benefits
- iron capsules
- iron deficiency
- iron deficiency in children
- iron deficiency in pregnant women
- iron deficiency in women
- iron for children
- iron for RBCs
- iron for women
- iron supplements
- Nutrifactor supplements
- rich sources of iron