Ashwagandha- Stress Reducing Herbal Supplement in Pakistan
Stress is a physical, mental, or emotional reaction to any unusual external cause. According to the initial findings of mental health study conducted by Aga Khan University during the pandemic, it was reported that three out of four Pakistani adults were suffering from moderate to severe stress. And this is not the only situation where people become stressed, another study has also confirmed that the rate of depressive disorders is increasing in Pakistan. A lot of people including adults and adolescents are facing stress these days.
Different types of stressors can cause stress to our body. The most common triggers of stress include:
• Spending more time in front of the screen either due to work or surfing through too much social media in spare timing
• Going through emotional stress due to not having a job, facing discrimination in society, and having emotional problems such as anxiety, depression, grief, and low self-esteem
• Working for long hours
• Facing chronic illness or injury
• Underwent a traumatic event such as theft, violence, natural disaster, and harassment
• Suffering from any mental health disorder such as insomnia, jet lag, etc.
How Does Ashwagandha Help Reduce Stress in the Body?
Ashwagandha is a potent herb that has been used for centuries in Chinese medicines for different medicinal purposes.
It has neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, and adaptogenic properties and is highly beneficial in reducing stress due to its calming effects. The potent ashwagandha extract is being used in healthcare products, especially in food supplements to reduce stress and calm the body.
Ashwagandha helps boost the synthesis of relaxing hormones i.e., serotonin in the body which reduces the symptoms of stress, and plays an important role in improving mood, and sleep.
What is the Best Way to Take Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha in its extract form is more potent than the whole herb. Nutrifactor’s Nurilax is one of the best ashwagandha extract supplements. The ashwagandha extract present in it is packed with bioactive components to help reduce mental stress in the body. It also helps promote quality sleep and a good mood.
In addition to reducing mental stress, the bioactive components of ashwagandha extract also act as strong antioxidants which help reduce oxidative stress in the body. Ashwagandha extract also helps improve mood swings and regulate reproductive hormones.